Friday, June 01, 2007

A Happy Heart

It does the heart good to run into old friends and visit with family. Over the weekend, I was able to attend a dear friend's wedding in Dallas. I've known her since she was 3 or 4 years old, and our families go way back. She and my sister Kellee were actually best friends and so it was very special to see her get married. I was so glad we could come. Shane was going to come but ended up staying for a funeral here, so it was just me and Elizabeth. It's always a blessing to see people where your heart's just connect immediately--no longer how long it's been, or how long you have to visit. I'm so thankful for all of you whom I saw last week and with whom I was able to visit, if ever so briefly--friends and family alike (sweet Mallory and entire Mitchen clan, Katy, Julia, Anita, Chesley, Jennifer, Kelly, Brandi, Aunt Cindy, Elizabeth, Mom, Kim, Kellee, my cute niece Brooklyn and nephew Barrett and all our extended cousins, and all the spouses of the people listed previously!). You each were a blessing on my life and I'm so thankful for friends and family. (Sorry I didn't get by to see you Shelly or Lynley--I had good intentions!). We even braved the cold water and got in the pool, much to Elizabeth's delight.

Mom and I ended up staying several days at my aunt and uncle's house in Ft. Worth. We had a great time hanging out. It'd been years since I spent that much time with Cindy and her family, but we had a good time. And Elizabeth is now stocked with bows that my cousin Brandi makes and sells. (Note: For all of you in the Metroplex, her company is called "Haute Socks," so look for them in stores. She also has a booth at the Brownstone, but I didn't get to go there because it was closed on Memorial day!). We left DFW on Tuesday and came back to Gatesville where Mom spent a few days with us.

When I ask Elizabeth, "How are you?," she boldly and loudly proclaims, "Me HAPPY!" And after connecting with so many wonderful people in the last week, so am I.

5 comments:

Shelly said...

I'm so glad you had such a great time! We eneded up being gone until Monday afternoon anyway, so it most likely would not have worked out to hook up. Plus I don't know how you would have fit one more thing in! That was a lot of friends/family time! And the only bows I typically even think about purchasing are Haute Socks bows! We're big fans! love you--

Kim said...

We had a great time with ya'll. It is so fun to see our kids together, having a blast. Sorry we had to head back to Austin. I need some bows too! See you in a few weeeks.

Kellee said...

It was great to see you and your girl and get to visit/catch up. Enjoy your summer and looking forward to being closer to Gatesville in a few months. Love you!

Anita said...

I'm so glad I got to see you, too. It's so fun to see people that have known you since forever ago. I love remembering us all growing up together all the way to ACU!

Alison said...

You're kidding! Brandi is your cousin? I'm pretty sure I alone have kept her in business the last 2 years! I love her stuff!

PS- Sorry, I'm a little behind on reading blogs! This comment is a little late!