Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Yikes! A Toothache.

If you're wondering why I haven't blogged lately or why I still haven't uploaded those pictures of Elizabeth at Sea World, it's because ever since I got back home, I have had to go to the dentist three different days and would have gone in over the weekend if they were open. I have been feeling miserable, unable to do anything because I can't focus on anything else except this awful pain. The teeth that my dentist worked on before I left for Austin have been hurting for about two weeks. The pain is almost as bad as labor and recovering from a C-section. And I have quickly learned that when your mouth hurts, your whole body hurts. I've also learned that I do NOT like pain and that I'm not good at dealing with it! I'm so thankful for pain medication!!

Anyway, on Monday I went back in and it was determined by a different dentist (mine is conveniently out-of-town all week on vacation) that I would need a root canal. He did give me some Vicadin, which has helped somewhat with the pain. Yesterday, I had my first root canal. I sat there for 2 and a half hours with my mouth wide open while the nice dentist took out the dead nerve, stopped up the three canals in my #15 tooth (the top left one at the very back), and then crowned in right there as well. Ouch! Ouch! Ouch! It's really sore right now, but it seems to be getting better.

The timing of this couldn't have been worse, except if I had been in Italy at the time. We are moving this weekend, and I should have been packing up the house last weekend and this week. I also have an article due on July 1st and am WAY behind with that. I just thought summer would be relaxing!! Ha! Well, I'm going to take a nap now because at least this helps the time to pass where I don't have to think about my mouth.

5 comments:

Chesley said...

I hate tooth pain! I had a dry socket when I had my wisdom teeth out for almost a week. It killed!!! I thought it was my ear that was the problem. Having pain like that for a week is brutal. I hope you get to feeling better soon.
I wish I lived closer to you and I would help you pack. I love to pack!

Kim said...

Sorry about your pain. It is never good to have that pain. And it seems like it has come at a very inconvient time. I hope you get everything done that you need to.
I called Karen, but I wanted to tell you that I left the clothes at church and hopefully they will get them to you.
Feel better!

Kellee said...

Feel better, Kara. It was good to chat with you for a few minutes today. Good luck with getting packed and enjoy having Mom there. Love you!

Shelly said...

How miserable!! Hope the packing goes quickly and that you get your article written fast! Sounds like (from Kellee's post) that you'll have some help from your mom---yay! love you--

Marcia said...

After almost two year of braces right now I can totally agree...when your teeth hurt you can't even think. Enjoy the vicadin and Italy.