Friday, June 29, 2007

Congratulations, Craig Biggio!

As most of you know, I'm a HUGE Astros fan. (In fact, talking about the Astros is, in a small way, what led to me and Shane starting to talk/date, but that's another story!). Anyway, last night cutie-pie Craig Biggio had a great game and an historic night. He had 5 hits on a night when he also hit his 3000th. Wow! 3000 hits. Only 27 other people in baseball history have done that. The game went into extra innings and then the Rockies went ahead. Biggio came up to bat with 2 outs and got on. Soon the bases were loaded and up comes Carlos Lee and Bam! A Grand Slam!!! Astros win.

Isn't baseball great?

4 comments:

Kellee said...

Yes, baseball is great! When we move to Dallas, you and Shane will have to come up when the Astros play the Rangers and we can all root against them! Anthony called to tell me the exciting news about Biggio...I just love him, and I agree, he's so cute. It is also neat that he got his 3000 hits during the steriod era...he's clearly not a steriod user and that makes it all the better!

Kim said...

I have had a crush on Biggio for a long time. And, I was actually watching the game when he his his 3000th. Can you beleive it? Derek and Bob stayed up and watched the game and said it was great.

Marcia said...

Last night was awesome! I'll admit I got a little teary when his wife came out and then when he pulled Bagwell out on the field with him.

Shane Alexander said...

This is probably the only blog entry on the internet celebrating Craig Biggio's 3000th hit that referred to Houston's scrappiest future hall of famers as "cutie-pie." At least I can get my wife to watch baseball. It sure beats movies on Hallmark!