Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Been Tagged

My sisters and I have all been tagged by Anita. I think I’m the last one to respond with all my teeth trouble and everything. Enjoy!

First memory: I remember falling out of a tube in the river in Wimberley, Texas and going down, down to the bottom because I didn’t know how to swim. I couldn’t have been more than 3 years old and can still remember seeing Sherry Bell swimming to me and pulling me up from my place on the rocks at the bottom of the river. I didn’t know that I was drowning, but that’s what was going on. When we both came to the top of the water, all I remember is my parents screaming to see if I was all right. I think I remember it so vividly because it was such a different kind of experience. I don’t think I was scared because I didn’t know what was going on.

First real kiss: Encounter, Lubbock Texas, Summer before my 10th grade year. I met Chris S. (can’t remember how to spell his name because it was so weird) and we developed a liking and kissed the last night of camp. What’s funny is that I saw him the next summer when I was dating Daniel Boone, and it was sooo awkward!

First love: I guess I’ve had two—one when I was a child and one as a teenager. The first one is Travis Harris. We grew up together at Kingwood CofC and always went on vacations with his family. We “went together” even though we were only in the 4th and 5th grade and couldn’t go anywhere. The only time we ever saw each other was at church. Ha! My other first love was Daniel Boone (Really, that’s his name!). We were going to get married and he was going to play pro baseball to support us. I love the dreams we used to have (even though they didn’t come true!).

First thing you think in the morning: No, is she ALREADY awake?!!!

First pet: We had some dogs, but the first pet I ever had was Jefferson, a cat. I loved this cat so much. What’s funny is that now I am SOOOO allergic to cats that I can never have one again.

First question you'll ask in heaven: When I was a kid, I wanted to ask, “When babies die, do they stay babies in heaven or do they grow older?” Now, I’ll ask, “Did everyone get to come to heaven?”

First thing you think of when you hear the word vacation: Spending money!! And relaxing.

First best friend: Amy Pettibone—she lived in my neighborhood and we were on the same soccer team for many years. I was also close to Sara Sallee and Becky Bell, girls I went to church with.

Last time you dressed up: Shane and I went out for our fifth anniversary and I semi-dressed up.

Last thing you ate: Ben and Jerry’s Peanut Butter Cup Ice Cream (Shane bought it and it feels good on my aching tooth!).

Last CD you bought: Shane bought me a Keith Urban CD recently.

Last good book you read: I just read all of Karen Kingsbury’s Redemption series and it was WONDERFUL! Now I’m reading the first book in the Firstborn series. I’m also reading Rick Steves’ Italy.

Last time you cried: Yesterday, when my mouth was hurting so bad and the pain wouldn’t go away.

Last time you told someone you loved them: Tonight—Elizabeth when I was telling her goodnight, Shane, and my mom when she called.

Last really funny thing you did: I have become quite forgetful this past week. I left my hang-up clothes at my sister Kim’s house, ice packs at Granna’s, and my keys at Granbe’s. I think I must be losing my mind!!

Last thing you watched on TV: Traveler. It’s a really, really good show that started up this summer.

I tag Shelly W. and Holly C. Can’t wait to hear what you all have to say.

6 comments:

Kellee said...

I didn't know that story about you almost drowning...that is horrible. Oh, the days when the Boone boys were always around! I'm also addicted to Traveler...its GREAT and reminds me of 24. I love it! I just finished the first book in the 3rd series Sunrise and its also wonderful. You read Redemption fast! After reading 11 books about the Baxters I feel like a member of the family.

Anita said...

Thank goodness for Sherry. I can just hear her voice while this is all going on! Boone boys, what a blast from the past. I haven't thought about that whole era of our lives for a long time. Matt Cude. Need I say more.

angie c said...

I love Daniel too. Still do.
k

Kim said...

How can we forget Travis Harris. Made me laugh. And, the good old Boone boys. Our high school years were fun and I just have to laugh at some of the memories. And.. Anita and Matt Cude. Seems like so long ago.
I remember that story of you in Wimberley. So glad that Sherry was there.
I hope your poor teeth get all better. And, I hope the ice cream helped!

Holly Curry said...

The Redemption serise is GREAT!!! AFter you finish the first born, there is one called Sunrise...same people, different focus. I just started reading it. Hey, pass the "cream" as Winter calls it!! :)

Unknown said...

Kara....i was bored and did a search of my name and found your comment for me being your best friend....that is so crazy because I was just thinking about you today after I was watching some youth soccer games for my club. I thought back to those days in the horrible brown uniforms. It has been a long time....shoot me an email....amypettibone@katyisd.org