Thursday, May 24, 2007

Odds and ends

It's raining hard here, and Elizabeth is singing the rain song. She really wants the rain to "go away" so she can go outside and play. It seems like it's rained all spring.

I finally had a productive day today with writing/research. Elizabeth went to Ms. Nette's house and had a fantastic time. She's really adapted nicely there, probably because the babysitter is so calm and nice, which our little strong-willed, bossy Elizabeth really needs. Now we're hanging out at home mourning that the television season is virtually over (or at least I'm mourning it). I guess it's all right. I've been reading a lot more lately, which has been REALLY, REALLY nice. I've missed reading the kinds of things I want to read, and so I'm doing a lot of it now. I'm actually looking for some suggestions, if you have any. Specifically, I'm looking for fiction titles--any genre will do (mystery, Christian, romance, etc.). I'd love to hear what you're reading and any suggestions you have.

2 comments:

Julia said...

Let me know if you come up with any good books! I've been searching myself & haven't come up with much. I'm reading a book right now by Charles Frazier (author of Cold Mountain) entitled thirteen moons - its really kind of a guy book about a white kid growing up to become an indian chief. Sounds strange I know, but its really good writing, which I know you appreciate. Also, I'd love to tell you about my mentoring ministry! It has been such a huge blessing to everyone involved and honestly has not been stressful to get going & keep up (key at this point in our lives!). Anyway, its good to catch up with you via blogworld!

Kim said...

I recently read The Time Traveler's Wife and it was pretty good. Also, have you read the Redemption Series by Karen Kingsbury? Mom has them and they are really good. I'll look to see if I have any others to bring you this weekend. I am glad you are having some time to read and relax.