Thursday, June 21, 2007

Home sweet home

Elizabeth and I are finally back home after several days away, and it feels nice to be here, especially since we only have a few more days until we have to move out. Father's Day Sunday we went to church here and then while Shane headed off to Abilene for class, E and I hit the road for Austin. First, we visited Shane's parents for a couple of days. When we got there Sunday night, we all attended worship at a fairly new church plant in Downtown Austin started by Chris/Kester and Rachel Smith. That was a neat experience. Afterwards we went and ate at Waterloo Ice House. The next day, Granna surprised E and I with a trip to Sea World. Uncle Zach came with us, and we had a wonderful, fun-filled day at the park (I'll post pictures later.). Elizabeth had a fabulous time and loved watching the whales and dolphins do their things. She kept laughing and laughing and expressed such awe at all that was going on. That was priceless (I did feel bad that Shane wasn't there to see it--we'll go another time!).

After visiting them, E and I headed to South Austin to see my sister Kim and her kiddoes (Derek was out-of-town) and my mom who was there visiting. We went swimming one day and went to the Austin Children's Museum another, which Elizabeth also found extremely exciting. She spent most of her time running around from exhibit to exhibit doing her own thing, and so I followed her. It's a real neat place if you are interested, although it was pretty crowded since school is out. All-in-all we had a great time. Now it's off to packing and packing and packing. The real fun stuff!

On a different note, Shane and I are still waiting for our passports. We are going to Italy soon and have been nervous about it, even though we applied in March with plenty of time to get them!

Elizabeth has also started wearing pull-ups and underwear rather than diapers and slowly seems to be getting the hang of the whole thing (at least the easy half of it, not the gross part). She still has many, many accidents, but today she went the whole day without wetting herself. Yay!! I'm hoping we can be done with this by the time we leave for our trip. I think this is the worst part of parenting so far and am ready for it to be over!

6 comments:

Jennifer said...

I agree. Potty training was by far the hardest thing for me as a parent. Hudson wasn't completly potty trained until he was 3.5 yr old. Now he did have some setbacks because of a new brother but it just seemed to take forever. It was so frustrating! Good luck with it!

Hollie Reese said...

You are going to have to give me potty training tips! I am jealous of Italy! How fun!

Anita said...

What a fun trip! Abby is working on potty training, too. Not that hard, though. I'm not really pushing it yet, but she's intersted in doing what we all do. We are waiting on our passports too. We go to Mexico on July 19th. Hope they arrive soon.

Kellee said...

Wish I could have been there with all of you! Glad yall had a good time though. Good luck with packing...I keep putting it off! Where are you living in the meantime? About your passport--Dad can probably help you. I know he's helped expedite a few people who live in the district. Have you had a chance to look through the Italy books yet? Hope they are helpful.

Kim said...

We enjoyed seeing ya'll. I am glad that Shane will be home with ya'll now.
I hope you get your passports soon so you don't have to worry abuot that. And keep all your notes on Italy-we would love to go...someday maybe.

Holly Curry said...

Glad to hear the potty training is going well. I'm jellous! We will get there one day though. When are y'all going to Italy? How fun!!