Thursday, June 14, 2007

Inner thoughts of a child

Elizabeth and I went to the store today to pick up some father's day cards, and I asked her, "So, Elizabeth, which one do you want to get for daddy?" She looked at the cards and said, "Hmm. Let's see." And then pointed at one. She verbalized her thoughts! I thought it was so cute and Amy and I couldn't stop laughing at her cuteness. It's so funny how they pick up on little aspects of conversation. She said something similar the other day when we were driving home in the car. I said to her, "Uh-oh. I forgot to pick up ____ (can't remember what it was)," and from her place in the backseat, she shrugged her shoulders and said, "Oh well." One more--every time I turn the corner too fast she says, "Whoa, Mama!" It's these little tidbits of communication that I find completely adorable.

1 comment:

Kellee said...

How precious! It is amazing how much their little brain can pick up on.