Thursday, June 14, 2007

Happy 5th Anniversary, Shane

Five years ago today is the day I married my best friend, my partner for life, and the love of my heart. That was such a wonderful, beautiful day, one I'll never forget. I remember feeling so peaceful about that decision, knowing in my heart that "come what may," a cord of three strands is not easily broken, and that our commitment to God and to each other would help us through the hard times that might come. These past several years have been some of the happiest times of my life because day in and day out I am with a man who is committed to his marriage, his family, the church, and God. I love Shane now more than I did five years ago. He's still my best friend, the person I trust completely, and the love of my heart and my life.

When Shane proposed to me, he sang me this song, "Come What May." And then at our wedding, we also played it during the lighting of our unity candle (Nicole Kidman and Ewan McGregor actually were heard at our wedding!!). I loved it! So, here today, I'm putting it here to once again remind us of our love for each other.

"Come What May"
Never knew I could feel like this
Like I’ve never seen the sky before
I want to vanish inside your kiss
Every day I love you more and more
Listen to my heart
Can you hear it say
Telling me to give you everything
Seasons may change, winter to spring
But I love you until the end of time

Come what may,
Come what may,
I will love you
Until my dying day

Suddenly the world seems such a perfect place
Suddenly it moves with such a perfect grace
Suddenly my life doesn’t seem such a waste
It all revolves around you
And there is no mountain too high
No river too wide
Sing aloud this song
And I’ll be there by your side
Storm clouds may gather
And stars may collide
But I love you
Till the end of time

Come what may,
Come what may,
I will love you
Until my dying day

Oh, come what may,
Come what may,
I will love you
Suddenly the world seems such a perfect place
Come what may,
Come what may,
I will love you
Until my dying day.


Thank you so much, Lord, for bringing me Shane and fulfilling the desires of my heart. I love you, Shane, and I'll always be yours. Come what may.

4 comments:

Kellee said...

Happy Anniversary to you both!! I pray that you will many more years together, and that you fall more in love with every passing year. I love you!

Kim said...

Happy Anniversary!! I hope each year gets better and better and that your love continues to grow. I am happy Shane is in our family and I love that he makes you happy and feel special. Love to you both!

Shane Alexander said...

I love you, Kara. Thanks for cutting me so much slack and being such a loving wife.

Jennifer said...

Happy Anniversay!