Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Dentistry and snow cones

I went to the dentist today to get some fillings and as I lay there, I thought to myself that this is one of the few times when I want to scream like a baby for my mama! It reminds me of being a kid. I never liked going to the dentist (who does?!), and I wondered what it is that this dentist likes about the job. Is it looking into (dirty, ugly, smelly, decaying) teeth all day? Is it getting to know people, or having his patients say "uh-huh" as we sit there with our mouths wide open? Does he get to be creative? What keeps him going day after day? I couldn't do that every day. It's too much of the same thing for me. I think that when you've seen one mouth, you've seen them all, but that's just me.

Elizabeth had her first snow cone today. She wanted strawberry so we shared a small cone. She absolutely LOVED it. With every bite, she could not stop laughing and spewing the stuff all over me and all over her shirt as well. We had a great time. In between bites she would lean over and kiss me and giggle in my ear. I'm so glad to be a part of these joyful occasions.

No comments: