Monday, July 02, 2007

Gleefully settled, almost

This past weekend (and all last week) was spent boxing up all our belongings, deciding what goes to storage and what goes to the new townhome, and figuring out how to do all this in the rain. Fun, fun! At least we had wonderful friends and my mom come and help us do all this. Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! We are pretty much moved in but still have to clean the house before we close. We have put about half our stuff in storage and it's nice to be living a little more simply right now. Elizabeth's toys aren't infesting every corner of our house (not yet anyway), and we have a little more room here since we've put so much in storage. We will be so ready to move into a house in six months!!

Here's some WONDERFUL news...we FINALLY got our passports. If any of you are still waiting or you know people who are, I recommend that you call your congressional representative. I had heard so many different stories about how long you had to wait to call, so I wasn't going to call until two weeks before our trip. Then I started worrying about the move and how long it would take to get to us since it would have to be forwarded and so I decided to call our congressman's office (John Carter out of Round Rock--Isn't it odd that he has such a big district?!!). I spoke with a nice woman there who told me that anyone who called is put through faster and given a "Congressional Upgrade." And we had our passports within two weeks (We also got lucky because the lady I talked to called the national passport office and told them that since we were moving we just HAD to have them before then, so the move actually helped us! Who would have thought that would be the case?). So the trip finally feels real. Now we can really start the planning!

On the Elizabeth front, she knows and understands so many words, and many I had no idea she even knew or had heard (no bad ones yet, thank goodness.). She surprises me quite often with her vocabulary, and watching her language development is one of my favorite things so far. Potty training is also going all right. She's in panties most of the day but still won't go #2 on the potty. I'm sure that will come. She even takes her baby dolls and her stuffed animals to the potty. She told me today, "Mama, Baby needs to go tee-tee." Funny. She also hates to be dressed right now and de-clothes herself multiple times throughout the day. She did take an entire nap yesterday without wetting, though, so there's some progress, especially since she was buck naked, and we didn't want to have to change the sheets again!

By the way, I WILL post those pictures soon. I promise! Have a great evening.

3 comments:

Kellee said...

I'm glad you are feeling more settled in your new place, that your teeth are feeling better and you got your passports!! I can't wait to hear all about your time in Italy! You two will have so much fun over there. You should be getting a box in the mail for Elizabeth so just let me know when you get it. Also, to answer your question on my blog, the movers come on the 26th and we fly out of Chicago on the 30th...so less than one month! We'll miss it up here but are looking forward to starting fresh and learning & experiencing a new city. Love you!

Anita said...

Glad you got moved. Moving really stinks!!! Sounds like Elizabeth is doing great on her potty training. Being just shy of 2 and already wearing panties all day is wonderful! Clay got his passport today. I'm still waiting. Guess I need to call for the Congressional Upgrade!

Kim said...

Glad you are getting settled in your new place. I bet it is nice to ave things a little simplified with so much in storage, especailly the toys.
Glad to hear potty training is going well. Barrett is pretty much done , so I am so excited about that.
Yeah that you got your passports. Such a relief.
Hope to see you soon. I have Elizabeths presents. Sorry we didn't do a little party when you were here. I thought you were still aving one in Gatesville. We'll celebrate soon.