Thursday, April 03, 2008

No Baby Yet

We are still waiting on Baby Peyton to make his arrival. I've been going on walks and doing a lot of squats in hopes that this baby will come on his own. I even had a pedicure with hopes that the foot rub will spur on labor. Peyton is due next Tuesday (5 days from now). I don't think he'll be early, mainly because Elizabeth was a week late and never wanted to come out on her own. But I am hopeful that he WILL come. If I don't go into labor on my own, I'll have to have another C-section, which I'm fine with, but I would much rather not have to have the surgery, especially since I'll still be working (long story!). Anyway, just wanted to keep all of you posted about the progress. I go back to the doctor tomorrow and may (or may not) know more. We are anxious to meet this little guy, and as Shane likes to say about me and Peyton, "Kara is ready for them to spend some time apart." Clever, huh? :)

3 comments:

Holly Curry said...

Still working???? Please tell me you aren't going to have to go to work right after Peyton is born! I can't wait to see pictures. I have already been looking at the hospital site to see if pictures are there like they were with Elizabeth!

Unknown said...

Yes, still working. Baylor doesn't have a maternity policy for faculty, and so I will be doing all the grading and teaching electronically. I won't be attending class for about 3 weeks but am still responsible for the courses. It's still a man's world in academia, unfortunately. I'll let you know when things progress. Hope you're doing well!

Phillips Family said...

Walk, walk, walk!!! Hoping Peyton decides he wants to come out on his own!