Tuesday, April 22, 2008

7 random things about me

Here are 7 random things about me:

1. I chipped one of my two front teeth when I was 7 years old and now have a crown on it. I have had to get it replaced 5 times, and I have learned that Crest-whitening paste works on my own teeth but does not change the color of that specific tooth.

2. I have been to Honduras 5 times and spent one entire summer doing mission work there.

3. I absolutely love the Astros. Shane and I joke that when we retire, we are going to move to Houston and go to every Astros game. That would be so fun!

4. I love to try out new recipes and have the tendency to never cook the same thing twice (which can be both good and bad).

5. I was in 3 car wrecks my senior year of high school, all of which occurred in the rain.

6. I have visited approximately 25 states, but I have never been to Oklahoma, even though it's right next door to Texas.

7. I earned my PhD in less time than it took me to earn my Bachelor's degree. 4 years as opposed to 5.

I tag Shane, Holly, Lynley, and Chesley.

7 comments:

Shane Alexander said...

We're joking about #3? Say it ain't so.

Unknown said...

We don't have to be joking, except I'm really not looking forward to moving back into that hot, humid weather! I thought we could go north for the summer and south during the winter!

Phillips Family said...

Okay...I did my seven random things

Chesley said...

I promise I will get to the list.

Unknown said...

You are missing nothing in Oklahoma. It's probably my third most-visited state, and the only interesting thing is that the tollway lets you drive 75 legally. Yep, that's about it. Until Kevin Durant continues his basketball career there next year.

Shane Alexander said...

I think it would be cool if she went to all 49 states and skipped Indian Territory for good. It would say a lot about her true Texan-hood if she had been to Kansas and Nebraska without ever going through the Sooner-Dead-than-Sooner-Red State.

Shelly said...

I loved catching up on your blog! I LOVE it that you wrote out the whole birth story. You should feel some serious pride about VBACing a 9 pounder!!! I love the pictures of E---she is a beautiful little girl!!! The 2 baby pictures look sooo much alike! Love y'all!!