Monday, April 07, 2008

Peyton and Prayer

This week is turning out to be a busy week. I'm working today and tomorrow, grading and getting things ready for the rest of the semester. After my classes tomorrow, I go to the doctor again and then I don't plan on coming back into the office until after Peyton is born, which if I don't go into labor on my own, will be Thursday. On Wednesday, Shane is doing a funeral in Hamilton for one of his relatives and so he will be gone most of the day (It will be interesting if Peyton decides to make his entrance on that day when he's gone!!). Then, Thursday is the big day.

Last night we had a really nice life group/church service on prayer, which has got me thinking a lot about prayer and its function(s) and purpose(s) in our lives. It's really interesting, too, thinking about prayer as a parent and considering how I want to teach Elizabeth about prayer. So much of our understanding about prayer comes from hearing others pray (especially our parents) and praying as children, and so I'm especially conscious about prayer as I consider what I want Elizabeth to think about prayer. One special occurrence with her has been her memorization and recitation of the Lord's Prayer every night before bedtime. She knows the whole thing after just a few short weeks of saying it with her, and it's nice to see her extending her prayers about people to the same prayer that Jesus prayed.

Keep praying for Peyton to arrive safely!

Have a great week!

No comments: