Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Overdue

Well, April 8th is almost over and Peyton is showing no signs of showing up. In 4 hours I will be officially overdue. That's all right, though. At least we know we will see him in less than 2 days. I'm anxious to be finished with pregnancy. It's been difficult being motivated to do much this past week.

Tonight at dinner Elizabeth screamed at him, "Come out now!" She was so serious about it. She's also taken to calling him "Brudder" rather than "Peyton" lately. She gets a big kick out of it.

Elizabeth went swimming for the first time of the spring season today. We got her a small pool and once Shane had blown it up, Elizabeth couldn't get enough of telling us to "Watch! Watch me!" Shane set the pool up underneath the slide on her swingset so that she had her own "pool slide." Elizabeth had no fears going down the slide head-first into the pool. Over and over and over again. We enjoyed watching our little daredevil. I took some video of the occasion, so I don't have pictures to share, but it sure was cute.

Yesterday Elizabeth and I went to the library for the first time since we moved to Waco. We used to go to the library in Gatesville all the time but hadn't made it to the one in our area until yesterday. Elizabeth enjoyed playing with the puzzles and the stuffed animals and looking through some of the books. Since it was our first time, we could only check out one book. It took her a while to find one that she wanted (she didn't want any of the books since she didn't recognize any of the characters). But once she found a book about "Little Bill," she got so excited and so that's the book that came home with us. Well, today, as I was sitting on the couch, she brought me the book and told me that she had colored in it. I opened the book and sure enough, each page had orange crayon markings all over it. Elizabeth has officially left her mark on this book. It looks like we will be buying the library a new copy of the Little Bill book. I guess there's a good reason for their policy that first-timers can only check out one book.

4 comments:

Phillips Family said...

Good luck tomorrow! We will be praying for a safe and healthy delivery! Keep us posted!

Phillips Family said...

Okay, I am seriously confused b/c I just checked Shane's blog and saw that Peyton is here! Sounds like there is a story to this one! Hope you are doing well! (sorry for the overuse of exclamation point...I guess i am really excited)

Shelly said...

I can't wait to see a picture and to hear the whole story!! Aly had her baby today too! A little girl!!! It's a good day for babies!!! I'm so excited for you guys!!
love you--

Shane Alexander said...

Kara went into labor Tuesday night and Peyton was born Wednesday morning. We were caught a bit off guard in one sense, but we were praying that this would happen, so...

Peyton is a happy, quiet little guy (except for when someone takes him away from his mama). Elizabeth has been a great big sister and wishes she could take him to bed with her like she does her baby dolls. Yikes.

And I am doing very well, just sleepy. I know you're all very concerned about that.

Thanks for your prayers and congratulatory comments. We love you all.