Sunday, March 23, 2008

Happy Easter!

The Grove had our first Sunday morning worship service today, and the whole event was quite a success. Thanks to everyone who prayed about this gathering! We met at a local park in Waco under the pavilion, which we rented for the occasion. We were all a bit concerned that the cold and rain would be problematic, but thankfully those weather forecasters were wrong and the weather was great. A bit cold and windy, but nothing we couldn't handle. It was encouraging to gather together with our small community. There were 14 people who had never been with us before, and we were really thankful that all of them joined us in a time of worship, praise, and fellowship. We strapped Elizabeth into her stroller so that she couldn't run around, and she stayed bundled up the whole time. That was nice. I was very pleased with the turnout--I think I counted 30. After the service, we ate lunch and had an Easter egg hunt. There were 12 kids who hunted eggs, and Elizabeth had such a great time. I loved seeing the joy on her face as she would find the eggs. So sweet.

Here are some pictures from our day...

Our family (two weeks from Peyton's due date)

Here are some of the girls who were there today: Our neighbor Alta, Lara Jane (co-church planter), Rachel (I met her at Texas Roadhouse), Courtney (neighbor), Sherry (friend we met through Courtney and Dan)
Sweet Elizabeth
She found one!
Here is Elizabeth proudly showing off her Easter basket. She would not let go of this thing after the hunt. And since we got home, we cannot keep her away from the candy and the eggs.

Here are the Coffeys, who are planting this church with us.

Here are some of the kiddos. We couldn't get them all to sit down!

Happy Easter to you and yours!

10 comments:

Jennifer said...

Happy Easter! Hope the next 2 weeks go by quickly for you!

mom23 said...

I can't believe how active you are with your due date this close! Peyton is getting so big!!

I'm thrilled that you guys had such a great Easter together. Thrilled! And thanks for the pictures too! Poage was our favorite park and we have the best memories of that place.

Anita said...

So glad to see you back in blog world! Been missing your updates! What an awesome Easter Sunday for your church.
Sorry I missed your shower. I'll be anxious to see baby Payton. Such sweet & fun times are ahead for you and your family.

Phillips Family said...

Looks like y'all had a great easter...anxiously awaiting to hear of Peyton's fast arrival!

Kellee said...

WOW...what a great day for you guys! I'm glad everything went well and that you had such a good turnout. Elizabeth is so sweet and I can't wait to meet little Peyton very soon :)
Love you

Holly Curry said...

You look great!! I'm so glad things are going well with your church and Peyton. Can't wait to hear that he has arrived.

Laura Scott said...

Wow an update! Elizabeth is looking older! We drove through Waco Easter Weekend and ate at Rosa's. I am soooo jealous you guys have a Rosa's!!!

Chesley said...

That is a great family picture of you three and I love the sweater Shane has on!
Can't wait to meet Peyton! Will it be you or Brandi that delivers first???

Shelly said...

Yay!!! I'm so glad you're back in blogland! You are so beautiful and that Elizabeth is PRECIOUS! What a cute Easter outfit! I'm so glad your turnout was so great and I'll pray that they all return this weekend. Can't wait to hear about Peyton's arrival! Hurry up little boy!! Love you--

Phillips Family said...

I had a dream last night that you had the baby!!