Friday, April 04, 2008

Labor

Despite an eventful (and long) night, I still am not in labor. We went to the doctor today and things are progressing, but since labor is so unpredictable, who knows when it might start!! My doctor said that it's probably pre-labor, maybe false labor, so we'll just wait and see what happens in the coming days. We also scheduled a C-section for next Thursday if the baby hasn't come by then. I pray that I can have this baby naturally, but if not, that's all right, too. I'm trying to prepare myself for either result, and it's nice to have an end date in sight. I'll keep you posted!

We are also looking forward to going back to Gatesville tomorrow night for a dinner honoring the teachers. We haven't been back to church there yet, and it will be really nice to see everyone there. We really miss them, and I know Elizabeth does, too.

5 comments:

Chesley said...

I was wondering if you and Brandi would share a "labor day" today. I hope you get to go natural. I know you would like to. Keep us informed. I can't wait to see little Peyton.

Phillips Family said...

I went into labor days before I actually had Isaac. It was quite frustrating to think "Today is the day!" and then be proven wrong. Just keep walking everywhere you can and do lots of squats to get that baby to move down! I walked three miles after my water broke with Isaac (not recommended typically) but the doctor said that is what really helped him move into the birth canal

mom23 said...

Wait, why is there a scheduled C-section rather than just an induction? I really hope you don't have to do that! Praying here!!

Unknown said...

Since I have already had one C-section, I can no longer be induced. I'm not exactly sure as to the reasons why I can no longer be induced, but that's what they told me after the last one. That's why VBACs are so rare these days. And many doctors won't even let you attempt them. At least my doctor is letting me try to bypass the C-section.

mom23 said...

Makes perfect sense to me, Kara!

Checking in to see if today was the birthday or not . . .

Come on Peyton! Monday, April 6, 2008 would be a lovely day to debut!