Friday, April 04, 2008

Mother #2

Ever since I have been pregnant with Peyton, Elizabeth asks me (or Shane) on a regular basis, "When is Peyton going to come out?!!" Well, today, we think he might. Mainly because I was up half the night with severe back and abdominal pain, although I do have to admit that I'm not sure I'm in labor. At least I go to the doctor today to see what's going on. I sure do hope it's labor because I don't want to have too many more nights like last one!

Anyway, as Elizabeth is eating breakfast this morning, I ask her if she thinks Peyton is going to come out today. She says, "No, he's not coming out for a very long time." I said, "Yeah, probably not." And then she said, "When he does come out, though, he's going to cry a lot when he needs something, and I'm going to ask him, 'Peyton, what do you need? Do you need a paci?' Maybe that will make him stop crying." Can you tell she spends a lot of time playing with baby dolls and stuffed animals?!! She's going to be a fantastic little helper for Mommy and Daddy.

And, Peyton, if today is the day you make your entrance into this world, we promise to love and protect you. We can't wait to see you!

No comments: