Sunday, April 13, 2008

Peyton is here!

It's taken me a few days to get back on the computer, but I wanted to share the good news with you: Peyton is here. Peyton Poe Alexander was born on April 9th at 10:28 a.m. in Providence Hospital in Waco. He weighed 9 pounds, 1 ounce and was 22 inches long. I was able to have Peyton via VBAC (vaginal birth after cesarean), which was a huge answer to prayer. We had a c-section scheduled for the very next day, but I went into labor on my own before we had to follow through with that appointment. I'll write more about the labor and delivery later, but I wanted to get these pictures of our sweet baby boy posted first. Enjoy!

Here is a picture of Peyton dressed up for his newborn hospital picture.

Here is a rare shot with his eyes open. He has been sleeping ALL THE TIME since we've been home, except at night when we put him down and he just wants to be held.

One tired momma looking at her sweet son. I love that he's looking at me, too.
The nurse came in to take his vitals , and he was not happy. I love his scrunched-up neck.

Elizabeth is such a good big sister and has been so sweet to Peyton. She loves having her own little baby doll.
I had to post this picture because I thought it was so funny how Peyton is holding his own pacifier.
Here is Peyton with Elizabeth and my sister Kim's son Barrett. When Barrett first got to the hospital, Shane asked Barrett what he thought of Peyton and Barrett responded, "He's AWESOME!!!!" It was so cute. Notice that Elizabeth is holding Peyton's foot. She's also holding the monkey that she gave to Peyton on his "birth day."
The best picture we have (way to go, Shane!). It doesn't get any cuter than this.

11 comments:

mom23 said...

Do you have a swing? My newborns did OK in the swing for some of the time and that bought me some non-baby holding time to sleep. We moved the swing to our room to keep them nearby though. Anyway, trying to think of an idea that might help!

He really is so beautiful! I prayed you would have a successful VBAC and I'm thrilled it worked out! Blessings and prayers to you all!

Shelly said...

Oh Kara, he is PRECIOUS!!! I can't believe he is here! It seems like just yesterday you told me you were pregnant!! (I'm sure it doesn't seem like yesterday to YOU though!) : ) I'm so glad everything turned out okay. That is one HEALTHY little boy!! Welcome to the "9 pound" club. Elizabeth looks like she is doing great as the big sister. I'm so excited for you guys!! love you--

Marcia said...

Congratulations. He looks just perfect!

Claudia said...

Not sure if you will remember me but I went to Northland with Kellee. Congrats on your VBAC. I did a vbac a year ago and it was the best experience!! But mine was only 7 lbs 10oz. I could not imagine a 9 lbs. Your family is beautiful!!

Claudia

Holly Curry said...

The first thing I thought was..that is a MAN CHILD! He looks like he's 3 months already. Cute! I'm so glad everything went well.

Jennifer said...

Congrats. He's absolutely precious!

Doziers said...

Kara, he is SO precious and beautiful...congrats!
We love you guys!
Love,
The Doziers

Phillips Family said...

He is beautiful!

Amber Knauss said...

Congrats Kara! He is beautiful! I hope yall are getting some rest, as you can! Take care, Amber Chastain Knauss

Suzy said...

Kara, he is so adorable. I cannot wait to see him. And yes, the picture of Elizabeth with him is the CUTEST! She is such a beautiful little girl. I am happy for you all and glad everything went well. Many blessings to you all. We love you and miss you!

Laura Scott said...

Congratulations Kara!!! He is so cute. Elizabeth is just darling holding her little brother. I am so happy for you guys!