Friday, April 18, 2008

Fridays are not TGIF right now

Fridays in the Alexander house are interesting, mostly because they are the one day of the week that Elizabeth does not go to school.

Now, I love my husband very much (for many different reasons), but I do have to ask him one question, "Why, oh why, did you choose THIS day to meet with your co-church planter?!!" Why couldn't you have met with him on Monday? Or Tuesday? Or Wednesday? Or Thursday? (Any day that Elizabeth was in school?!!) Elizabeth demands 100% attention and so does Peyton (at least with me), so why did you leave me here with both of them?!! Hopefully, it was just poor planning (rather than a gleeful move to leave the house and get some time away when Elizabeth was home!!). Help! Come back soon and rescue me from this chaos!

And the other thing about this whole day is that while I was upstairs feeding Peyton his early morning snack, Elizabeth was apparently getting in trouble, so as punishment, her daddy told her she couldn't watch any TV today and she also couldn't play with her computer. Thanks a lot, Shane! I really appreciate it. :)

4 comments:

Anita said...

Kara, Peyton is precious!!! Those Poe genes are sure hard to stamp out. I hope Elizabeth is settling in to being a big sister.

Hope you have a good day. Don't you love when Daddies create punishments that you have to enforce!?!:)

Shane Alexander said...

I am just wondering what it says about our marriage that you are calling me out on your blog before calling me out at home.

But since we are doing this via blog, I will reply. I did meet with Marshall on Tuesday, whereas Monday was a bad day for me and Thursday turned out to be a bad day for him. I am not sure what happened Wednesday, so you can keep that day to wish we had met together instead. Still, I am sorry--you know, in a "I will probably do it again next week" kind of way. :))

Unknown said...

Yes, Anita, I just knew when he punished her by taking away MAJOR things that somehow he would find a way to leave. :)

And, Shane, it says that we like to pick on each other. I'm sure I'm not the only mom to whom something like this has happened. But then again, my child has already heard the infamous line, "Just wait until your Daddy gets home!" And I was NEVER going to say that. LOL! Love ya!

Unknown said...

And now Shane has left again. Luckily, Elizabeth is taking a nap right now.