Thursday, July 19, 2007

Observations from Roma

Here I am in an _Internet Point_ using a computer that doesn't quite match the one I know very well. We are having a grand ole time here in the Eternal City. We've seen and toured the Colosseum, Palatine Hill, Roman Forums, Vatican Museums, St. Peter's Basilica, Castl Sant'Angelo, Piazza Navona, the Pantheon, the Spanish Steps, the Trevi Fountain, beautiful parks, and several beautiful churches.

We're also eating wonderful food--lots and lots of pizzas of all different varieties and same with the ice cream! Yum-O! We already have several hilarious moments and wonderful memories between the two of us, several of which Shane has probably posted on his blog as he sits next to me and types a post (I can't see it right now or I would read it.).

Tonight is our last night in Rome and tomorrow we go by train to Venice, which we are really looking forward to (Venice and the train ride!). We've enjoyed Rome, in spite of the intense humidity and lack of the level of air conditioning we're used to, long lines everywhere, and the millions of other people who had the same idea we did. Seriously, millions. And most of them were in the Sistine Chapel!

I am writing in a journal while I'm here, and when I get back I'll share some excerpts from it with you. For now, ciao!

5 comments:

Kim said...

Wow, blogging on your trip. Sounds like ya'll have been very busy and seen lots of amazing sights. I am glad you two are enjoying yourselves and having a great time together in Italy. So romantic!!

Anita said...

Yeah Kara!!! I am checking you blog from Mexico. We are also having a great time on our trip. So different being in other countries.

Kellee said...

I'm so glad you posted and glad to hear you two are having fun and enjoying your time together...like Kim said, very romantic. Eat some pizza and ice cream for me...two of my favorite foods!

Karena said...

I can see it all. Can't wait to see the two of you and hear your stories. E is great, and we are having fun, too.

Julia said...

We took a trip to Italy two years ago and it was fabulous! I hope you guys have a blast and make lots of great memories. We didn't get to go to Venice (although I had been before & loved it). That will definitely be on our next trip there (probably 20 years from now!)I'll look forward to seeing photos!