Sunday, July 15, 2007

Family Recognition

Elizabeth and I went to the movie store to rent a movie the other day (Shane was making a hospital visit), and as we were walking around, Elizabeth pointed and said, "Ook! There's Pooh." (I didn't know that she even knew about Winnie the Pooh!) Anyway, then she pointed and said, "Ook. There's Daddy!" I looked down at the DVD cases and didn't see anyone that looked like Daddy, so I kept looking for something to rent. She kept saying, "Ook! There's Daddy!" I finally turned around to see what she was pointing at and noticed a man all the way across the video store. He didn't look like Shane from the back. And then when I looked up, I giggled a little because I saw what she was talking about...the man had a Texas Longhorn hat on his head and so it must be Daddy!

2 comments:

Shelly said...

Happy Birthday Elizabeth!! (late!) How is she 2??? That means Hayley is almost 3!! What blessings these little ones are. I love this blog entry about seeing daddy! Hayley would do the same thing every time she looked at my mom's American Express card when she would go through her wallet. It's actually a Roman Centurion or some dude w/ a feathery hat that looks like one. Still not quite sure about that one. Pretty funny! Shane's hair is SHORT! Tra keeps saying he is going to shave his too. He says it takes too much time to fix. I say give me a break! What I would do to be able to rub a little gel in my hair and go w/o a hair dryer or anything! I can't remember what the dates of your trip are, but I can't wait to hear about it! I hope you have a WONDERFUL time and that you are able to enjoy being together and not miss E too badly! Praying for you guys---

Phillips Family said...

Isaac thinks every tiny baby on TV or in real life is Evelyn....even if Evelyn is a mere three feet from him. Perhaps he thinks we have cloned her or something???

Happy Birthday Elizabeth!