Friday, July 13, 2007

Welcome, John Preston Davidson

Our dear friends John and Amy had their baby last week, and we are soooo excited that he has finally arrived. We have been waiting for him to get here for what seems like a very long time (hee hee) and think he is such an adorable baby. He was born on July 5, weighing in a 8 lbs, 6 oz and 20 1/2 inches long. We got to see him less than an hour after he was born and Elizabeth didn't know quite how to respond. She clung to us at the hospital and would barely look at John, Amy, or the baby! John and Amy have been her friends for the longest time, and Elizabeth even stayed with Amy on the days I worked for most of this past year, and so they are very special to her. I can just see her thinking, "Who is this kid, and why are "my John" and "my Mamy" always holding him?!!

She did better when we went to their house and took them food. She kissed his head and had a good time. She's still walking around saying, "Me have baby in my tummy, too," as she lifts up her shirt and points at her belly. The other day I asked her, "When is your baby going to be born, and she said what sounded to me as, "July 10th." Hmm. I don't know if that's what she said or not, but it sure did sound like it to me, so I got a little chuckle from that! Here are some of the pics of sweet baby Preston. He sure is a cutie!!

Mama Amy, Baby Preston, and me

I love Elizabeth's face in this picture. What is she thinking?!!

Elizabeth gets to kiss Baby Preston on his head. And check out her cute Minnie Mouse outfit that Aunt Kellee sent her for her birthday. She LOVES it!

Congratulations, John and Amy on the birth of your first child. You have always been so sweet and loving to Elizabeth, and she loves you guys so much. You're already wonderful parents! I'm excited for Elizabeth and Preston to get to know each other better. Blessing to your extended family, and remember to sign his name when you sign cards from now on!! Ha! :) We love you!

4 comments:

Kellee said...

Such sweet pictures and I'm glad she is enjoying her Minnie Mouse outfit! Her face is precious in that picture of her holding the baby...maybe she's wondering when she'll have a little sister or brother to hold?!? Have fun in ITALY!!!
Love you!

Kellee said...

I forgot...your hair is getting long and I love it :)

Kim said...

Elizabeth is to funny! She looks so cute. I think that E and Brooklyn look so similar in E's 1 year picture!

Holly Curry said...

99Oh he's so cute!! I started crying when I saw the picture of you, Amy, and Preston! Elizabeth is so cute with him. Sounding selfish here...I can't wait for Winter to have one to play with! (No, not expecting...but working!)