Saturday, July 14, 2007

Birthday celebrations

With the move (and so small a space right now), our trip, and so many of her friends being out-of-town, we decided to bypass a bigger party this year and celebrated with my mom, Shane's parents, and Uncle Zach. Elizabeth had a great time.

The birthday girl. Whenever we say, "Say 'cheese'," she pokes out her bottom lip and squints! Elizabeth got a lot of Mickey and Minnie Mouse books. She already has them memorized!
Granbarry, Daddy, and Granna. Granbarry and Shane were really excited to wear these Minnie Mouse hats!
Nana came from Houston for the party (well, mainly to help us move!). Thank you, Nana!

Elizabeth knew how to blow but it didn't quite work, so I helped out.

Yummy cookie cake!!
We got Elizabeth a tricycle to ride, but her feet aren't quite long enough.
So most of the time, she "rode" it like this...
On her actual birthday, Shane and I took her to Chuck E Cheese Pizza. She LOVES this place. I think she would be content without ever having a single coin. When we do put coins in, like in the car below, she starts crying and wants down immediately!

Daddy and Elizabeth are having a great time on the motorcycle, which Shane likes to refer to as "organ donation."

Here she is pretending to ride the car. I think she might even be singing "The horn on the bus goes honk, honk, honk."Afterwards, we went to Stone Cold Creamery for ice cream. Granna gave Elizabeth this cute red dress for her birthday and everyone we saw would comment that she looked like Minnie Mouse. She really liked that since Minnie Mouse is her favorite right now!Elizabeth loves her ice cream! Happy birthday, sweet girl!

3 comments:

Chesley said...

Garrett "rides" just like Elizabeth. Even if it's a motorized car he still pushes it. I can't believe our children are two! It has gone way to fast. I read her birthday blog the other day and that is when it hit me and I got a bit sad that time has really flown. I am glad Elizabeth has had a fun birthday! Give her a hug from us and tell her Happy Birthday from Garrett!

Kim said...

I am glad Elizabeth had lots of fun celebrations for her 2nd birthday. She is such a happy little girl. I love those pictures of her precious smile! Give her a hug and kiss from all of us!

Kellee said...

That dress is adorable and I love her expressions. Glad yall had a fun time celebrating...love the party hats!