Friday, July 27, 2007

Back to the USA and to our Elizabeth

Shane and I made it back safely to Houston, spent the night at my parent's house (although neither of them were there!), and then came immediately to Austin to get Elizabeth. We walked in the house and saw her, and her reaction was so cute. She was playing with a blanket and pulled it up in front of her face and hid from us, all the while giggling and grinning. Then, she put her blanket down and ran to me and gave me a great big hug. She couldn't stop smiling for like two hours and clung to me for a long time, which she never does (she is not a cuddler, except for a few minutes when she's sick). She almost seemed surprised to see us finally! We are still in Austin enjoying time with Shane's parents and will go back home tomorrow. We're both suffering from some jet lag (Italy is 7 hours ahead), but we are glad to be here, safe and sound. When I get back home, I'll upload some pictures and write more about our trip (and read all of your blogs, too!). Take care!

4 comments:

Anita said...

Glad you made it home. What a sweet homecoming. I was so excited that you checked my blog from Italy. Now I have some foreign dots on my cluster map!

Holly Curry said...

Your trip sounds like a blast!! Maybe we will be able to go somewhere like that one of these days! Glad y'all got home safe.

Shelly said...

So happy you are home safely! That's the best---to come home to your baby after you've been away for so long!! So sweet!! Hugs--

Laura Scott said...

I looked at Shane's pictures...how fun! What a great opportunity to travel to Rome! Can't wait to see more!