Friday, May 04, 2007

School's out!

One year at Baylor has come and gone, and now I'm going to take some time to enjoy some of the things I have put off all year, like reading and posting onto my blog and writing. I've had a great year and look forward to many more to come.

The new babysitter is GREAT! Elizabeth LOVES going over to Miss Nette's house and has adjusted much more quickly than she ever did with the previous one. We are so thankful that she loves it so much, and she's made some friends there as well.
Tomorrow night we are having a baby shower for our friends John and Amy (Elizabeth likes to refer to them as "My Mamy. My John." I'm not sure how she's going to take it when their baby comes. It could be her first experience with jealousy.

May will be a busy month--lots of traveling. We're going to Dallas twice, once for a week-long conference and once for a wedding. We're going to Austin for Barrett's birthday. And Shane will be gone for two weeks in June for DMin classes. Then we're going to Italy in July (sans Elizabeth), and the summer will have gone so quickly. But we're looking forward to it.

Hope this post finds you well.

Here's a picture from Easter that I am just now getting around to posting.

7 comments:

Kellee said...

Elizabeth is getting so big!! I love her Easter dress--so fancy. I can't believe school is out and you've finished your first year at Baylor; that must be such a great feeling. Have fun in Dallas next week.

Kim said...

Way to go finishing your 1st year at BAylor. Ya'll have alot going on this summer. Elizabeth is getting so big. Such a cute Easter dress she is wearing. Maybe we can borrow or buy it from you. Have a great weekend!

Alison said...

Hey Kara! Elizabeth is so beautiful! Let us know if you have spare time in DFW and we'll meet you guys for dinner somewhere!

Phillips Family said...

Call me! Call Me! if y'all get together in DFW this week. Of course is will have to be before Friday, as I am having a baby then and might be too busy to socialize!

Elizabeth is so beautiful and I love her Easter dress.

Glad your first year went well and that you enjoyed it!

Holly Curry said...

Congrats on finishing the first year! I remember the feeling. Sometimes I wish I taught college so I didn't have to go as long as high school does. But, there are other differences too. Anyway, we are planning on being around down there on the 9th of June. Is that a time when y'all will be in town? Hope we can see you then.

The Houston's said...

Elizabeth is precious!!! And I love the bluebonnets!

mom23 said...

What a beautiful little girl! I'm so grateful to now know you!