Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Elizabethisms

I haven't written about Elizabeth in a while, and I thought I'd tell you some new developments with her:

1. Whenever we drive by a Cefco gas station, Elizabeth says, "Coke?" This is because she goes to Cefco two or three times daily, depending on which parent she is with and how many Diet Cokes we want that day.
2. Today we were driving through town and Elizabeth looked out the car window, pointed and said, "I eat!" She was pointing at McDonald's. I guess we also frequent that locale too much.
3. Whenever all three of us are driving in the car and I turn around from the passenger side to look at her, she screams "No!" and makes a "slapping hand" gesture until we turn back around. I guess she wants to be left alone when we're in the car.
4. Whenever anyone asks Elizabeth what her name is, she will respond by saying, "Me."
5. Elizabeth has FINALLY started to enjoy reading. I can actually read about five books in a row to her without her getting bored.
6. The sweetest thing...lately, Elizabeth has started singing! It is so precious. She'll sing all sorts of songs, including ones she's learned in church, but her favorite right now is "Old MacDonald had a farm." She knows a lot of words, but she loves the "E-I-E-I-O" part. She says, "E-O-E-O" and draws it out to make it fit the words we are saying. We'll hear her singing in the car, in her bed, and all over the house. It's really very sweet.
7. Elizabeth has FINALLY started saying Shane's parents names (Granna and Granbarry), although it sounds more like "Ganna" and "Betty." It's probably because she just spent an entire week with them. If that's what it took, I'm glad! Sidenote: Elizabeth still can't say her whole name either (although, granted, it is A LOT longer and more difficult than other names). We do hear all sorts of words come out, though, when you ask her her name (E-beth, Bette, Bett-e, Ezbeth). When you repeat back to her what she said, she gets irritated and says, "No," and then proceeds to repeat what she just said. Like, "Duh!"
8. Anytime we are in a store, Elizabeth will yell out, "Hi!!!" to anyone she sees, especially when they aren't looking at her. It takes them several times before they figure out that she is talking to THEM, and then they give her what she wants. "Hi, there, sweet girl. What beautiful eyes you have!" It reminds me of summer camps in high school when boys used to whistle from afar and you didn't want to look because if you did, then they would probably say, "Not you!" Did that ever happen to you?!! Mean boys!
9. Elizabeth speaks in sentences, complete with subject, verb, and direct objects. She LOVES to use verbs!

I think these are enough memorable moments about my girl for now. Hope you're having a great day. Cheers!

4 comments:

Anita said...

Very funny about the gas station. Abby yells out "QT!" anytime we drive by the Quicktrip stations here. I think we may have gone there one to many times for snacks after we pick Nathan up from school. And she says, "Drink!" whenever we are passing a Sonic or pulling into a Sonic. They sure do learn that stuff fast!

Kim said...

I can't wait to see Elizabeth. She is so sweet and I loved reading these tidbits about her. Kids are so smart and funny. And not afraid to tell it like it is. Looking forward to see ing you and yes, I have some pictures for you.

Kellee said...

So cute! Can't wait to see you next weekend at the wedding. I can't believe Elizabeth will be 2 this summer!

Shiann Metheny said...

It is so amazing to watch language develop. Kids know so much more than we give them credit, it seems. Keep up the good parenting work!