Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Procrastinating

Now that schools been out, it's been really difficult to motivate myself to do any work. Many of you have asked me if I'm teaching this summer, and the answer to that is an emphatic, "No!!" As many of you know, I have taught an online course for ACU the past two summers (which was WONDERFUL!--flexible hours, work from home, etc.), and they asked me to teach it again this summer, but I had to tell them now. Instead of teaching, I received a "Research Sabbatical," meaning that I will be researching and writing all summer. This, too, gives me a lot of flexibility, but it's been more difficult for me to get started with the work since it's all on my own time and all my own research. I did make myself start writing an article this morning but haven't gotten far at all and now I decide to post here, so more procrastinating for me!! Anyway, that's what I'll be up to this summer.

Onto other things...I've made it 9 full days without sugar. I think it's the longest I've ever gone without it. What I've found to be the strangest aspect of it is how some days are so much harder than others. Yesterday was a really difficult day--I really wanted some chocolate. I did really good at Barrett's (my nephew) party. They had sugar everywhere, yet I didn't give in.

Here are some new Elizabeth developments:
--Yesterday, I was awakened by Elizabeth's voice singing, "Tinkle, tinkle ittle staw." I laid in bed for a while and let her sing because it was the sweetest thing ever. She'd never done that before.
--I sneezed the other day and Elizabeth said, "Bless you, Mommy." I didn't even know she knew that phrase.
--I was lying on the floor in my work-out gear and Elizabeth comes over, leans over to my belly button (I thought she was going to kiss me.), and then plants a big "zerbert" on my stomach! We've been giving her those on her tummy since she was born; now she's returning the favor.

1 comment:

Kellee said...

good luck with the research and writing! way to go on the no sugar so far. keep it up! can't wait to see you in a few days. love you lots! Elizabeth is too cute!