Saturday, March 17, 2007

Food Fights

I think I am part of one of the only marriages in which we "fight," if you want to call it that, over who gets to cook meals on a given day. It's really very funny if you think about it. I'll go to the store and get food for 3 or 4 meals, and then Shane comes home with food he wants to cook for several nights. We have all this food and we have to alternate so we each get to do what we love. Shane is a huge fan of Alton Brown (smart guy, but really, really odd) and so everything he cooks is scientifically crafted to be just right, kind of like that magazine where they test out all these recipes to find just the right ingredients for the "best of" a certain food. Most of my food on the other hand comes from all the other chefs on the Food Network: Rachael Ray, Paula Deen, Robin Miller, Emeril, Tyler Florence, and Giada "put some clothes on!" Laurentis. We both enjoy cooking...I think it's because it's one of the few hobbies we have been able to keep with a toddler running around.

So, we are having a lot of "Good Eats" at our house. We just fight over who gets to make them. I think it's time for a bigger kitchen!

No comments: