Thursday, March 29, 2007

Rainy Days

It's raining today (again), and we so we are stuck inside. Elizabeth's trying to go to sleep, but the thunder isn't help much. I have been without a phone all week because I left it in my mom's car last Saturday when she picked me up at the Houston airport during my 4 hour leftover (note that I could have driven HOME in that time), but it was good to see my mom. And my dad got to meet us, too. But it's difficult not having a phone, especially being on the road for so long each day.

The bluebonnets are blooming here, and we've been wanting to take Elizabeth's picture in them, but it has been raining here for about 3 weeks straight. Hopefully I can take those pics soon. I like the rain and everything--it makes everything so green and we Texans must treasure the green for it won't last long!--but I also like for Elizabeth to be able to play outside and to not get soaked every time I walk anywhere.

Hope your day is going well! Here are a few pictures of Elizabeth. She did NOT want to play in the rain, unlike her cousin Barrett loves to do. She likes to be clean and did not appreciate me setting her down on our back porch!! She kept saying, "It's wet, Mama. No. No."

1 comment:

Kim said...

Yes, Barrett loves the rain. After dinner tonight he splashed in the puddles and had fun. I am ready for sunny days too. I left a message on your phone-I forgot. Love you!