Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Our daughter: A bully or a flirt?

We got our first bad report about our daughter at Mother's Day Out yesterday. Apparently, Elizabeth is really into tormenting the boys. Whenever the boys are lying down or sitting down playing on the ground, she goes over to them and sits on top of them. Yes, she sits on them, holding them down so they can't get up, until they start crying. And when this happens, she laughs at them. Oh no, what have we gotten ourselves into? Either she really likes boys (already?!!) or she's being a bully (really?!!) and likes to be mean to other children. Either choice doesn't seem too desirable to me right now. Who knows? Maybe she's both?!! What is a mother to do?

5 comments:

Chesley said...

I am sorry I really shouldn't laugh but I do think it is a bit funny that Elizabeth is tormenting boys. I just picture her sitting on a boy with that sweet face of hers. This could be a good thing for the future. :)

Shelly said...

Oh my---I just read your comment on my blog and 5:15am???? What time does she usually wake up? I loved this story about her. She sounds like a handfull! I can't wait to see her again!
love you--

Shawna said...

Good seeing you and your mom this weekend! How funny! Here is Faith's blog... enjoy!
shawnadesigns.blogspot.com

Granna said...

Oh, she delights my soul. I had my last fight with a boy the summer AFTER fourth grade when my cousin David beat ME up for a change (and for the first time). After that, I had to learn other ways to compete and influence people. Elizabeth has an entire arsenal of equipment she has yet to discover. Right now, it's more age appropriate to just sit on them!

LauraB54 said...

Hey Kara, First of all I'm having a hard time leaving comments on the google blogs, so if this doesn't go through the way I want it to my blog is laurabscott.blogspot.com. Anyway, I've been reading your blog from time to time (when you update it :) Your name came up in conversation Wednesday night at church with Mrs. Rainwater (family friend of your parents). She was there with Stephanie, who I just met and heard about her husband passing away. Sooooo sad. She actually lives two houses down from me so I hope to get together with her some. I just wanted to say hello and I'm sure you already know about their situation and are praying for them. I enjoy keeping up with everyone through the blogs, even if I don't always leave a comment.