Thursday, March 29, 2007

NYC Pics

Yes, yes, we DID attend the conference, but we also took some time out for some explortion and adventure. Since I had never been and was staying in the heart of Midtown Manhattan (and on Baylor's bill), I decided that I just couldn't go to NYC and stay in the hotel all day. Could I?!!

This picture is of Beth and me in front of Times Square.


Rockefeller Center was a hopping place, even when we walked by around 9:30 p.m. There were still a lot of people ice skating. I wanted to go, but we never really got the chance.

I love this picture of a walkway in Central Park. It had snowed in New York the weekend before we went (luckily we didn't get caught in it because planes were delayed for days!!), and so there was still melting ice on the ground. Even though there are no leaves on the trees, I like the city buildings in the background. I think it's one of my favorite pictures I took. We couldn't leave Central Park without grabbing a Diet Coke and a pretzel. Yum-yum!

We looked all over the city for this arch. I asked several people where it was and most people didn't know. Finally, we figured out that it was called the "Washington Arch" and was located in Washington Square Park, right near NYU. We strolled through here, Greenwich Village, Chinatown, and Little Italy on our way up to the Brooklyn Bridge. Lots of walking.

This picture is on the Brooklyn Bridge on our way BACK across into Manhattan. We thought it would be shorter than it was and ended up walking almost 2 miles (we think!). One of my colleagues at Baylor told me when I got back that the Brooklyn Bridge was patterned after the Suspension Bridge in our lovely Waco, although I'm not quite sure. Something about the way it was built being "tested" on this bridge first. I think the Brooklyn Bridge got the better end of the bargain, for here is a picture of the one in Waco.


No comments: