Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Wake up calls

Elizabeth is our wake-up call. I don't think I've had to set an alarm but a handful of times in the past few years--even when I have to get up at 6 a.m. to get ready for work! Now that we are living in a two-story apartment we have a monitor so that we can hear Elizabeth when she calls.

Anyway, on Sunday we wake up to these sounds through the monitor:

"Daddy! Come get me." (in a sing-song voice)
"Daddy!"
"Daddy!"
"Daddy!"
"Come get me!!!!!!!"

[LONG PAUSE]

"Shane! Shane! I neeeeeeed you!"

Shane and I looked at each other and started cracking up, even though it was 5:15 on Sunday morning (Daylight Savings Time meant nothing to our girl.). What's funny is that Elizabeth often hears me say, "Shane, I need you," and when I yell this across the apartment, he comes quickly to help. Since Elizabeth knew that Daddy comes for Mama when she calls him Shane, she figured she might as well try to call him in that same way.

Needless to say, it worked.

1 comment:

Anita said...

What a sweetie! You've got to adopt the no one can wake up before 7 rule. Nathan is at the point where he can come on downstairs and get himself started on TV and breakfast. It's great!