Thursday, November 08, 2007

"It's a .............."

Shane and I went to the doctor this morning and got to see our little baby movin' and shakin' around on the screen. Just like with Elizabeth, these people are always talking about how much this baby is moving around. I do wonder if there is ever a baby who DOESN'T move around?!!

Anyway...we saw two eyes, a heart, two feet, a kidney, a stomach, lungs, arms, legs, and, (dare I say it?), a penis!

Yes, this next one is a boy! No doubt about it. 100% sure.

I haven't been home yet so I couldn't scan in an image of the you-know-what (maybe I won't anyway to protect the little guy's privacy), but I did want to provide a visual to commemorate our baby being a boy. Since Elizabeth is a "Daddy's Girl," maybe this one will be a. . . Now is that such a bad thing?!!!

10 comments:

Kellee said...

so fun!! i saw you called so i will call you as soon as i leave work. i probably shouldn't be reading blogs on my first day but i finished with all the paperwork and don't have much left to do and i leave in 7 minutes! congrats to you both. it seems to be a trend in our family to have one of each!

Kim said...

Yeah!! We are so ecited for you and can't wait to meet the little guy this spring!

Anita said...

I had been wondering when you would find out. So excited for you. You will love having a baby boy!

Marcia said...

That's exciting...Congrats!
I have the baby that didn't move around much. She was sitting very still and lady like with her legs crossed when we were trying to figure out her secret. That's all changed now because I think she's been practicing her break dancing moves this week.

Shane Alexander said...

Momma's Boy?!!!

Of course he will be partial to you, but you never call your own son a momma's boy! I know it's sexist, but I didn't make the rules. You just have to settle for the fact that he will fight anyone anywhere if they ever insult your honor.

I just hope he likes football.

Unknown said...

Shane--Yes, I am aware of the stigma that comes with the term "Momma's boy," but I'm OK with a son who loves his Mama! I'll be careful, though, not to give him a complex. :)

I wonder why there isn't the same stigma with the phrase "Daddy's girl."

Phillips Family said...

You are going to love having a little boy. Boys LOVE their Mommys! Congratulations! Is there a name yet?

by they way, Isaac is thrilled to add another boy to the 1017 group. things are starting to even up with four girls and three boys!

Holly Curry said...

Congrats!! I know y'all are excited. What does Elizabeth think about a brother?

Shane Alexander said...

Thanks for not mentioning that I am a Momma's boy.

Unknown said...

Elizabeth doesn't really know what to think. She's excited about the baby and has been the whole time, but now she doesn't really know what it means to have a "brother" per se. We shall see!