Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Tagged

I've been tagged by Chesley for a different kind of Q&A: "The Game of Tag about your MAN"

1. Who is your man? Shane Peyton Alexander
2. How long have you been together? 6 years, 5 of them married (We were engaged in less than 6 months! That’s another story)
3. How long dated? 10 ½ months
4. How old is your man? 30
5. Who eats more? Shane eats a lot, but he doesn’t snack at all; whereas I’ll eat my meal and then have snacks all day (but I’m also pregnant, so that’s my excuse now).
6. Who said "I love you" first?He did. We were sitting on the couch about to go visit some of his family for the first time and he said it. I didn’t say it back on the time (He still reminds me of that!), but I said it in the next few days.
7. Who is taller? Shane (not Cody!--He's my cousin!) is 6'3, I'm 5'4
8. Who sings better? Shane, hands down. I like to sing, and I try really hard, but I can’t carry a tune. I sing off-key. And I have bad hearing. All of which work against me!
9. Who is smarter? Hmm. I would say that Shane is. His is natural whereas mine comes from discipline and hard work. I made better grades in school, but that doesn’t make people smarter.
10. Who's temper is worse? I think mine is. It’s that Irish blood in me.
11. Who does the laundry? ME!!! He doesn’t mind doing it, per se, but he waits and waits and waits until he runs out of boxers, which never happens when you have a two-year-old and have to do it every week! Ha!
12. Who takes out the garbage? Shane
13. Who sleeps on the right side of the bed? I sleep on whatever side is closest to the bathroom. Even when I’m not pregnant, I have to go to the bathroom all night because I drink so much water late in the evening. Shouldn’t I have learned by now?
14. Who pays the bills? Our bank—automatic withdrawals! I right the checks and keep track of the money. We’ve gone to a cash envelope system, and since I usually spend the money, I keep track of it. I think he may take over this job at the end of the year, though.
15. Who is better with the computer? We’re both pretty good. Since I teach web design, graphic design, visual design, and writing on the computer, I’ve stayed up with it. Shane loves to learn it, too, though. He created the logo for our new church, helped design the brochure (with the rest of us), and wants me to teach him Dreamweaver web program. He is also much more of a computer gamer than me.
16. Who mows the lawn? Always Shane…at least when we had a lawn (right now we’re living in a townhome), and when it wasn’t raining all summer (like it did this summer)! I had my fill of mowing growing up when I always mowed our lawn, which was really, really large.
17. Who cooks dinner? Me, especially in this temporary place where the oven is way off and the burners are tilted so nothing cooks evenly. Shane does all the grilling, however…only after I’ve already prepared it. We both like it, though.
18. Who drives when you are together? Usually him, unless we’re driving into town on a Sunday morning and he has to get ready for his sermon, or if I’m just wanting to drive. I’m a much faster driver, and sometimes I just want to get there in a reasonable amount of time!
19. Who pays when you go out? Me, now that I have all the cash!
20. Who is most stubborn? We are both really stubborn (so is our daughter!), but he’s more likely to give in.
21. Who is the first to admit when they are wrong? Neither of us like to admit it when we’re wrong, and most likely we still hold to our opinion in the end, but we do tend to move on and forget and forgive.
22. Whose parents do you see the most? Shane’s parents since they live the closest and both of my parents work (and one of them works in DC!).
23. Who kissed who first? He kissed me first. I was NOT going to kiss him first!
24. Who asked who out? Long, fun story, but he asked me out first. We went to dinner at Cotton Patch Café in Abilene and then to see Planet of the Apes at the movie theater.
25. Who proposed? Are you kidding me? I’m not Monica on Friends (even though I thought her proposal was very romantic). Shane proposed to me in Albany, Texas (where the great steakhouse is) in a white gazebo on He is sthe courthouse lawn.
26. Who is more sensitive? We both are.
27. Who has more friends? We have about the same number.
28. Who has more siblings? Me. I have 3 siblings and 3 sibling-in-laws; he has two siblings and 1 sibling-in-law.
29. Who wears the pants in the family? Odd question. I really think we make decisions equally, although he may have a different answer!
30. What do you love most about your husband? He loves God, loves me, and loves Elizabeth, all unconditionally. What more could I ask for?

I want to tag Shane, but his answers to almost every question would be the exact same thing. But I’m tagging him anyway to see what he answers to certain questions! I guess you'll have to change everything to "WOMAN" rather than "MAN"!

I also tag:
Kim
Kellee
Anita

3 comments:

Laura Scott said...

cool, but I think you forgot to change number 7! HA!

Shane Alexander said...

I am not playing tag on my blog (and yes, I know that sounds snobby). But for the record, I read this while eating a snack as I decide what to cook for dinner AND I think you look great in pants!

Unknown said...

Does it really count as cooking when you bake a frozen pizza??!!!