Saturday, September 08, 2007

Sporadic posts

So, I haven't been posting very much lately. Unlike last year, it isn't because the school year has started at Baylor. This time, it's because I'm having a baby! Yep! I am actually quite far along (10 weeks already) and have been feeling pretty awful almost the whole time. So that's my excuse for so few posts lately. As soon as I'm out of this first trimester, I hope that I'll feel better and post more often.

We are really excited about this one (and it also doesn't hurt any that this one is going much quicker than the first one--yea!!). The due date is April 8, right in the midst of tax season for many of my in-laws (sorry, guys!), but good timing for me so I can be home all summer with the little one. Elizabeth is especially excited. Yesterday she came up to me and said, "Mommy, I want the baby to come out and play with me." She hugs the baby (my tummy) every night before she goes to bed, and she prays for him/her, too. She talks to my tummy and says, "Hi, baby. I'm your big sister, and I love you." She's going to be a wonderful big sister. She sure is sweet.

We've already seen the baby on the ultrasound and everything looks good. We are appreciative of that. Keep me and the baby in your prayers! We'll keep you posted with the developments!

15 comments:

Ann said...

Congratulations! I know you'll enjoy this additional blessing to your family. You'll be busy but it's so worth it and they grow up so fast. I loved having a big family!

I'm enjoying your blog and hearing about what's going on with you. Check out my blog to keep track of George and I as we're in a real transition right now. George's blog is www.georgeezell.com and my blog is www.beautybyann.com.

We're moving to Wilmore, KY by the first of October and we're excited about that. Of course, we'll miss Louisville, especially our kids and grandkids here, but we'll be with family there too. Oh well, we feel the Lord is leading us there and look forward to what He has planned for us.

Feel better and enjoy this miracle you are again involved with. Give Shane a hug and tell him "atta boy" from me.

Ann Ezell

Kim said...

So excited about the little one on the way. We can't wait to meet him/her. Elizabeth will be a sweet big sister. Love you!

Anita said...

So excited to see this post! Congratulations! Hope you get to feeling better. Maybe only a few more weeks. Elizabeth sounds like such a sweetie with a very loving heart.

Marcia said...

Congratulations, that's great news! I hope you start to feeling better soon.

Jennifer said...

Kara,

I'm so excited for you. Congrats!

I hope you start feeling better soon.

mom23 said...

Congratulations!!! That is so exciting! Honestly, 2 is easier than 1. And you can hold me to that! We pray for you guys often and will add this to the prayers!

Kellee said...

I was wondering when you were going to post the news! Can't wait to have number 6 here!! Love you!

Phillips Family said...

Congratulations! I am REALLY hoping this one is a boy!

Shelly said...

I just picked my jaw up off the ground! YAY!!!! I'm SO excited for you guys!!! #2 is so much fun! Oh man, I can't imagine how whipped you are right now between teaching, being pregnant, being mommy and being wife. I'll be praying for the next few weeks to fly by for you so you can get into that second trimester and feel GREAT! Congratulations!!! Love you--

Shane Alexander said...

Your pregnant? I need to read your blog more often! :))

The Houston's said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!

Laura Scott said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! HOW EXCITING! The best post I've read all day!

Holly Curry said...

CONGRATS!!!! It is so funny....all of Winter's friends parents are either going to have another baby or trying to have one. Hopefully we won't be too far behind! I'm so happy for you!!!

Chesley said...

I am so excited for you guys! Congrats on the new addition. I can't wait to hear what it is and meet them! It's fun being pregnant when you are!

Hollie Reese said...

Congrats! I am excited for you!