Thursday, June 08, 2006

Our little daredevil

Elizabeth is a climber. A few days ago, Shane caught her red-handed trying to thrust herself over the walls of her crib. He also caught her standing up in the seat of her rocking chair, holding on to the back of it, rocking back and forth. She has also climbed on top of a portable file cabinet, only to find herself stuck on top, not sure how to get back down. But the most surprising climb of all came last night...During bathtime, I turned to put something in the closet, and when I turned back around to the tub, Elizabeth was standing on the bathmat outside of the tub. She didn't cry or make a sound. The only thing giving her away was a big red mark on the center of her forehead. I'm not sure how she did it, but I couldn't believe it when she tried to get back into the tub. This girl is fearless. What's in our future? Broken bones? Hospital visits? World-class hiking? Maybe she can major in rock climbing. Today I also caught her in the same chair Shane caught her in, the same one he moved out of the living room so that she couldn't climb and hurt herself. I was able to snap some pics. Take a look at our little daredevil....OK. I am writing this AFTER I tried unsuccessfuly uploading these images. I'll try again later.
___________________________________________________________________
Last week I got together with my college roomies from 1017 Washington. We met at Alison's house and had a great time. I hadn't seen these friends since my wedding (and not much then!), and we had a great time catching up, reminiscing, and talking about the future. Here are some pics from that day. I was going to write something more about the experience, but I have been trying to post on here all day long and have not been able to. Now, I am ready to be finished. Cheers.

3 comments:

Alison said...

Apparently our children have not grasped the concept of the timer setting on the camera! Oh well, cute picture anyway! I can't believe Elizabeth is such a climber! She will be launching herself out of the crib in no time!

Phillips Family said...

Isaac tried to climb out of the tub the other night. Not sure why, because he cried when I went ahead and pulled him all the way out and dried him off.

That Elizabeth is one brave girl!

Anonymous said...

Hey sweetheart! I'm just getting a chance to look at your blog. It's great to see you and Elizabeth. You're both adorable. I miss you lots and I'm glad you're well. I hope we can catch up soon!

All my love,
Kelli Grady