Monday, June 05, 2006

Bye-Bye Miserable May!

Many of you know how much I love baseball. Well, actually, that's probably not completely true. Yes, I am a fan of the game, but moreso, I am an Astros fan. Growing up in Houston allowed me to watch them on a daily basis. I even remember when they almost made it to the World Series in 86. I was 10-years-old at the time, and I distinctly remember being at soccer practice one day during one of the games (for some odd reason soccer was scheduled during such an important moment--maybe it was a game. My memory fails me!). I wanted to keep up with the score and much to my delight, I was able to keep up with the game through the shouts and cheers of the prisoners who were watching the game inside the jail, which just happened to be located next to these playing fields. Kinda scary, now that I think about it.


Anyway, I have enjoyed following the Astros since I was a young girl. On a side note, being a fan of Bagwell and Biggio was one of the first things my husband says attracted him to me. What does that say?!!! Well, one thing I have learned in all these years of watching them is that the Astros forget what it means to WIN in the month of May. Perhaps May should be deleted from the baseball calendar. Or from the entire calendar all together. The Astros take that month off anyway, so why not just remove it? Or better yet, the team should just take a month's worth of vacation and refuse to play. They stink it up so bad anyway. Maybe then they could keep their winning record and not lose 16 out of 18 games in one month. Shane and I were able to see one of the FEW games the Astros won in the month of May at RFK Stadium in D.C. Cool.

I shouldn't be too skeptical. Last year they were worse off than this and they went to the World Series. Who knows what could happen now? But, Roger, oh Roger, I ask you this: Why couldn't you have signed sooner?!! Oh, how things would be different. NOT! Not even Roger Clemens can help the Astros during the month of May.

I am thankful that May has gone bye-bye.

No comments: