Friday, May 23, 2008

Motherly acts

Elizabeth is a mother hen with Peyton.

We are in the midst of packing to go to Shane's grandparents' ranch, and I set Peyton in his room and came downstairs to drop off a load. He immediately started crying. We typically shut the door behind us because we are worried that Elizabeth will go in there and climb into his crib. But not today. As I was coming downstairs, she went in his room, looks at him in his crib, and then runs out and shuts the door behind her. She wasn't comforting him; instead, she was shutting his screams out from us. I guess she didn't want to listen to his screams anymore and just wanted to play in peace.

1 comment:

Shelly said...

Isn't it amazing how the older ones just learn to deal with the screaming, crying, etc. of the little ones? The other day Hayley goes, "MOM, Riley is just crying all over the place!!!" : ) Love these babies!! I'm so sorry Peyton has been colicky. Riley was colicky from about 4 weeks to 8 weeks or maybe later. : ( Neither of my other 2 were so it was HARD on my heart! (and nerves at times!) : ) Hope y'all have a fun trip and that P does really well. Love you--