Friday, July 14, 2006

Shane and Humor

My husband is the funniest person I know.

Last night Shane and I were watching A Room with a View, a movie based on the novel by E. M. Forster. There was this one actor who was really skinny and had on a brown hat and when he appeared on screen the first time, Shane said, "That dude looks like the anorexic grandson of Panama Jack." Who comes up with stuff like that? Shane does.

And last week I was lying in bed (Shane had gotten up with our 6:00 a.m. riser--thank you!) when they both came in the room so Shane could start getting ready for work. I couldn't see Elizabeth but knew she had gone in our bathroom. I heard Shane saying, "No, Elizabeth, No," as he ran across the room to stop her from whatever she was about to do. There was a short pause and he said loudly, "Elizabeth, 'No' does not mean hurry; 'no' means STOP!." I guess she saw Daddy coming and wanted to do whatever she needed to do real quick before he caught her. I couldn't help but laughing out loud at his view of things. Too cute.

When I got married, I never knew how much humor would come into my life. And what's so sweet is that when I think he is the funniest are those moments when he doesn't even know it, when he's just being himself and giving his perspective on things. When he's trying to be funny or to make people laugh, sometimes it just comes off corny (Sorry, honey, but it's true.). I love those moments, too. Shane, thank you for all the laughs. You sure do make this journey called life one hilarious adventure.

5 comments:

Shane Alexander said...

Corny? That's not funny.

Unknown said...

But it's oh-so-true and has been for at least 15 years. Craig and the rest will back me up on this.

Chesley said...

I can just picture Elizaabeth trying to get to something before Shane gets her. Garrett joined me laughing out loud at this post.

Unknown said...

Charles, I'm sure you (and Craig) have A LOT of stories!! I'll have to hear them sometime.

Shelly said...

How bored would we be without these silly husbands! That story cracked me up. Thanks for your most recent comment on my blog. I love you and miss you too, sweet friend!