Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Happy Times

My blog has been giving me troubles. I have looked through my notes over html (that I teach students) but cannot figure out why my sidebar isn't at the top of the page. I even switched templates and still to no avail. I'll keep trying to figure it out, but in the meantime, I thought I would post since I hadn't in almost a week. So, thanks for your patience, blog reader.

We had a nice 4th. We went to Lometa, Texas where Shane's grandparents live and spent time with Shane's family. I had never heard of Lometa before I married Shane but have always enjoyed our trip out to the ranch. Now that we live in Gatesville, Lometa is only a 50-minute drive from us, and we have enjoyed seeing Granbe and Pawpaw more in the past year. Elizabeth's
fa
vorite event of the holiday was sitting on my lap in the back of Pawpaw's pick-up truck and going to feed the cows. Pawpaw honked and the cows came running.

As so
on as Elizabeth figured out what was going on, she raised both of her arms above her head and started waving and giggling, uncontrollably. Those cows really excited her.

As
you can see, once we came to a stop, she wanted down. She wanted to go play with the cows, but I was too stubborn to let her have her way this time. Hence, the upset, angry look on her face in the picture. She was not too happy with her mama!

Monday (the 3rd) was also my mom's birthday, which she spent attending parades, fireworks shows, and speeches with my dad. Being married to a politician and having a birthday on July 3rd obviously has its downside. No offense to you, Dad. It's just more fun to celebrae one birthday rather than the whole country's. Since we knew we wouldn't see Mom on her birthday, we took her out to dinner one night when we were in Galveston. Happy birthday, Mom.

What else have we been up to? Elizabeth has been sick with a cold, or allergies, or both, and so that's not been too fun for her. Her nose is constantly running, and she has had trouble sleeping. Hopefully, it will run its course and she'll be better soon. As we speak, she is on her way to Austin to spend some time with Granbarry and Granna (Shane's parents). Granna has been out of the country for a month and so we thought they needed to spend some time together. Hopefully her cold will be gone soon enough.

We were finally able to turn Elizabeth around in her car seat since she's over 20 pounds and turns 1 in a week. She's having the most fun looking out and seeing everything, and I'm glad to see her pretty face when I look back in the mirror.

We've also been to the $5 a carload drive-in here in Gatesville (with Elizabeth asleep in the backseat ) to see Click with Adam Sandler. We took Elizabeth to the zoo on Saturday and are enjoying this time together before I have to go back to work. It's been a good several days, happy times had by all.



Elizabeth has this thing right now where she wants to put on my sunglassess, Shane's hat, and anybody's shoes. Here is Miss Cool below.

Well, I'm off to teach Wednesday night class to children who's age range from kindergarten to sixth grade. This is my first time to ever teach kids this age, and I'm a little nervous. I'm used to 20-year-olds! Wish me luck!

Here are some other recent pics you can enjoy.


Elizabeth with Teddy.


Nana must have said something clever!


One happy girl.




These are happy times.

4 comments:

Shelly said...

Seriously, I think she's the prettiest little girl I've ever seen!! I can't believe she is already turning 1!!! What are y'all doing to celebrate? Wish I could see you. Miss and love ya--
Shelma

Anonymous said...

I love the pictures. Elizabeth still makes me laugh!!Thanks for the Happy Birthday mention. We did have a good day! I guess Elizabeth is going to be a "country girl" since she loved the cows so much. That is a good thing!
Love,

Phillips Family said...

I like the new look to your blog! Happy (early) birthday, Elizabeth! We just put a gift for you in the mail (sorry, it isn't a cow!).

Anonymous said...

Greets to the webmaster of this wonderful site! Keep up the good work. Thanks.
»