Thursday, September 18, 2008

My Day

Well, I have about 30 minutes before my graduate class and decided to come here and post a blog. My family is all gone today to Strawn, Texas, where Shane is performing a funeral for his great aunt on his mom's side. She died during Hurricane Ike when a tree fell on her home and she had an apparent heart attack. Shane's parents went, too, and they took the kids because they wanted to show them off to some family they'd never met before on his mom's side. I have my graduate class tonight from 4-7 and am excited because we are talking about multimodality and literacy and they get to compose an essay in a medium other than the alphabetic print traditional research essay, which is (sadly) the only medium most of them have ever composed in (yes, I just ended that sentence with a preposition. Who cares?!).

I've also been invited to play Bunko tonight by a friend of mine at Robinson (Jennifer Paltjon--For those of you who went to ACU, it's Jason's wife, not his sister, though they do share a name). I'll be getting there a little late since my class lets out so late, but I'm looking forward to it. I haven't played Bunko since my 8th grade birthday party. Yes, I had a Bunko party back then. It was my mom's idea and we ended up having a lot of fun. I'm anxious to see if I remember how to play. Maybe I'll even win something!

1 comment:

Chesley said...

Was this the aunt they kept talking about on the news? How terrible!