Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Hair today, Gone tomorrow

I made a drastic change in my life this week when I cut off 15 inches of my hair. I haven't had it short in years, partly because Shane likes my hair long but also because I like to put it in a ponytail and I want EASY maintenance, which "short" isn't in my mind. I had been growing my hair out for quite some time now so that I could donate it to Locks of Love. And that's what I did. I feel good that my hair is going to a child who has lost their hair, whether it be from chemo or leukemia or cancer or disease. And even though my new haircut is a little shorter than I want it, I have to remind myself, "Hey, it'll grow." And THAT is a huge blessing that I take for granted--my hair will grow again. And other people's hair doesn't. Although it's not my favorite haircut, I'll live with it this way for a while knowing that my locks have been sent in love to help someone else. Who knows? Maybe I'll repeat the process again and again and again until I get to the point where I don't have any hair and then need to benefit from other people who have donated their hair to similar causes. So, here's to the locks. Maybe I'll see you around sometime.

BEFORE

AFTER
Front view

Back view

1 comment:

Kim said...

Love your hair. It looks great and will really help out those who need it. Good for you!