Friday, August 29, 2008

Peyton at 4 months

An update on Peyton...

Peyton now has two teeth: he got his first tooth last weekend and his second one three days ago. It’s been a long couple of weeks, to say the least. Poor guy. It’s got to hurt to get teeth like that. He’s been in so much pain. It stinks that this has happened right when school is starting and I have to get up early for work (Am I being selfish or what?!!). He’s been getting up four to five times per night. I’m still very surprised how early he’s cutting teeth. He’s barely four months old! I’ve read that it’s better for kids to get their teeth when they are a few months older than Peyton because then their baby teeth last longer and their adult teeth don’t come in until they’re older, which means fewer cavities with adult teeth. But my kids don’t seem to care. Elizabeth got first tooth earlier than Peyton—a day before she turned four months. But it’s still exciting, even if the tooth fairy is going to visit him when he’s four!! LOL!

Peyton still isn’t sleeping through the night. On a good night he’ll wake up only once. Most nights it’s twice. Lately, it’s been way too many to count because of his teeth. Selfishly, I’m really ready for a full night’s sleep. What is that like?

Peyton has the sweetest little demeanor. He smiles at anyone who looks at him and is especially fond of his parents and his sister. He has started giggling and laughing. He rolls over back and forth and thinks it’s a cute little game. He also loves to stand up on you and has been doing this since he was like two months old (literally). He has the strongest legs—he just curls those toes and stiffens those legs. It’s really very cute.

Peyton is also very sensitive. If you put him down, he gets his feelings hurt. If he can’t see you, he starts screaming. He doesn’t necessarily need your attention, but he just has to see you to be happy. He also really likes to be held, which is majorly different than Elizabeth. He’s not a cuddler, but he LOVES to be held.

Peyton is in the 95th percentile in length and the 50th in weight, which means he’s a long, skinny fellow. His eyes have lightened up quite a bit since birth and now they are light blue with a dark blue ring around them. Really pretty. He doesn’t have much hair but what he does have is light blonde. He also has a very pale skin color, not really like any of us.

We started him on rice cereal last week and keep forgetting to feed it to him. He did like it, though. I’m going to be making his baby food, like I did with Elizabeth. It’s going to be organic this time, though, because I’m really into that stuff now. And it’s also cheaper and more environmentally-friendly to make my own, so we’ll see how that goes with that and my job. Maybe I’ll do it on the weekends and freeze it. Hopefully, Peyton will form good eating habits like his sister. I think that feeding Elizabeth a variety of foods early on really helped form her healthy eating habits today. We shall see.

I’m still nursing Peyton, even though I’ve started back to work. I have about 4 months of milk saved up since Peyton is barely taking a bottle. That ended up being a blessing because now he has all this breastmilk to drink and I don’t have to stress too much. We’ll see how long this pumping at work lasts.

Here’s just a little bit about my sweet four-month-old boy. What a blessing he has been to my life.

No comments: