Saturday, August 19, 2006

Introducing Brooklyn Allyson Reaves

Yesterday, Shane and I welcomed a new niece into the Poe family. Derek and Kim had their second child, a daughter whom they named Brooklyn Allyson. "Brooke" is Kim's middle name and "Lyn" is my mom's middle name and my grandmother's first name; hence "Brooklyn." And "Allyson" comes from our dear friend Allyson Beckering who died tragically in a car wreck twelve years ago when she was only nineteen. We miss Allyson very much, and it's so special that her memory is carried on in the life of such a precious child.

Brooklyn was born at 2:12 p.m. in Austin, Texas. She weighed 7 lbs, 13 oz. and was 19 3/4 inches long. She is a very beautiful baby and is born into a loving, caring family. We were there when Big Brother Barrett arrived and got to see him look at his sister and his mom and be excited that "Brooklyn come."

Congratulations, Derek, Kim, and Barrett, and a great big welcome to Brooklyn. We love you.

2 comments:

Chesley said...

I can't wait to see her and I love her name. That is so neat that Elizabeth has another little cousin to play with.

Julia said...

Congratulations to you, Aunt Kara! Please tell Kim & Derek I am so happy for them. I love her name - I'm sure Allys parents are thrilled to see her remembered that way. I don't think I've commented on your blog before, but I have checked it occasionally! Congratulations on becoming Dr. Kara Alexander! I hope your first semester is wonderful.

Love ya!
Julia (Johnson) Russell