Saturday, May 20, 2006

Our First Swim

Elizabeth has liked the bathtub for a long time now. She even liked the kiddie swimming pool she swam in the weekend we met my nephew, Jackson Theodore Poe (What a cutie!). Well, Elizabeth didn't actually swim in that pool; she really just stood up in the water the whole time (her favorite thing to do in the tub lately, too), with the water up to her ankles, playing with the toys in her hands, and laughing all the while.

But finally today, she swam in a "real" pool. She and I went swimming (along with
her grandparents and Uncle Zach) and had a great time. She loved the water and kicked and flapped her arms as I dragged her around the pool.


Isn't she cute?!!


She even jumped to me from the pool's edge and wanted to do it again and again, until she got too much water in her lungs and had to give a good long "Daddy burp" (That's what Shane likes to call those long, guttural ones!). I hadn't heard one of those in a long time. She was especially confused when I went under water, swam over to her, and then popped up out of the blue. She giggled when she figured out what was going on.

Hope you enjoy the pictures from our fun day. I have learned what a sweet blessing it is to have a child.

Even when moments aren't quite as sweet as swimming with my little tadpole. As in those times when she is more destructive (See Shane's blog as evidence of this) and stubborn (which we don't blame her for since she came by THAT honestly). :) These traits are still somewhat cute now but starting to get more dangerous. Yesterday I had to put her in "time-out" for grabbing knives out of the dishwasher as I was unloading it! I'm just glad she didn't get hurt. At least we are full of laughter these days. She sure does make us smile. I will look back on these times as some very sweet and happy moments. Oh, what a wonderful life this is that I'm living. I hope you have gotten your "word's worth" on this, my very first, blog post. :)

Kara

4 comments:

Shane Alexander said...

I enjoyed your post, but it was hard to concentrate on reading it with all of the pictures of such two beautiful girls!

Phillips Family said...

Yeah! Welcome to blog world!

Elizabeth is so cute and I am quite impressed with her walking skills! Isaac is heading to the pool for the first time this weekend--hopefully he will love it as much as his parents or he is in for a long summer.

Alison said...

Kara-
She is so cute! I think she looks just like you. Glad to know there is another swimmer in the 1017 family. Morgan loves to swim, too. If the weather's nice next weekend, the babies can take a swim in our baby pool!

Shelly said...

I'm so glad you're blogging!! I can't believe how big Elizabeth is! She is adorable. Can't wait to see more pictures!
We went to Destin last week and it was Hayley's first time at the beach. She LOVED it. I'll post pictures soon. Love you!!